Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hattie Baked a Wedding Cake. By: Toby Speed

First of all, Happy Mothers Day, You are ALL so beautiful, Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made."


Hattie Baked a Wedding Cake is just a cute and fun book for little girls... Don't get me wrong you could read this to your little boy if you wanted to, however it just really seemed to be a book that Ansley would really love! And she does!
It is such a good book for her imagination, because Hattie starts baking this cake and she starts mixing so much that she mixes all these things into the cake that the wedding needs in order to be a wedding.. Example, the wedding needed music but when the string quartet was practicing she baked the sound from the instruments into the cake and then there was no music for the wedding and so on. By the way I really like the illustrations in this book as well!!!
The Very Day I got and read this book, Ansley and I baked a birthday cake for my sister, and she imagined things going into our cake as well!

http://www.tobyspeed.com/hattie_baked_a_wedding_cake_2157.htm




3 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

What a great way to time the book into baking with Ansley. And, the cake came out great!

Mary Beth said...

Thanks Kristine, Ansley loves baking, I think she knows how to crack and egg better than I do!

Aimee Larsen said...

Marybeth, what an awesome book! Where in the world did you find it? My boys LOVE baking and would love to have a book like this. :)