Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Books

As Mother's Day approaches, it's fun to read some books featuring mothers.
Here's a quick list:

My Monster Mama Loves Me So by Laura Leuck
My mother is Mine by Marion Dane Bauer
Is Your Mama a Llama? by Deborah Guarino
Are You My Mother? By P.D. Eastman
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed by Eileen Christelow
Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? By Eric Carle
Owl Babies by Martin Waddell
Hug by Jez Alborough
What Moms Can’t Do by Douglas Wood
A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza
Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney (as well as Llama Llama Mad at Mama and Llama Llama Misses Mama)

These are all picture books that would be great to read with preschoolers - some would also work for toddlers or young elementary students as well.

Do you have a favorite book featuring a mama? Share it here!

1 comment:

Debbi@Tattered Butterfly Studio said...

Several books were favorites when my son was young. I so believe in reading to your child. Our son was adopted at 6 weeks. From the moment he was in my arms I was reading to him. It was always a special time of day when I read to my son. He is now 7.5 years old and reads between 3-4 grade level and he is only in 1st grade. He now reads to me everyday! He loves reading. Moms keep reading. It the best thing you could ever do for your child!