Monday, April 4, 2011

The Daddy Mountain by Jules Fieffer

The Daddy Mountain, by Jules Fieffer, is a winner of the Blue Ribbon Picture Book Awards.  It's also a favorite in our house.  I bought it many years ago when my second child was little.  She loved her daddy and the minute he stopped moving she'd be climing on him.  The character in this book also loves to climb up daddy, so the book was a perfect fit for my daughter.


The Daddy Mountain (Bccb Blue Ribbon Picture Book Awards (Awards))


Although it hadn't been read in a few years, it was still sitting on our bookshelf.  As my 3 year old was trying to climb up my husband yesterday I was reminded of this cute tale.  So, we pulled it out, and as I started to read it to my 3 year old, ALL my girls came over and listened.  Even at 9 and 8 my older ones weren't too old, especially because they could relate to it.  My one year old even came over and joined us . . . just because.  The child in the book (no gender specified) gets very excited about the trek up the daddy mountain, and it leaves your child wondering what will happen next.  This book is most suited for 2 - 5 year olds, but great for all ages up through elementary school.

1 comment:

Brimful Curiosities said...

Even the title looks like a mountain! Looks fun, so long as my kids won't get any ideas about climbing a Mommy Mountain after trying the Daddy Mountain out. :)